Great design is at the heart of our business so the same high levels of care, attention to detail, service and experience that we provide to our customers is also mirrored with our contract clients too. Our business relationships are a hugely important part of Neptune's growth, working with developers, property developers, hospitality and unique bespoke projects and as our commercial and trade business continues to grow, it's time for our small but highly talented commercial team to grow too.
We are looking for an experienced kitchen designer to join us as a Commercial Projects Designer. Reporting to the Commercial Projects Team Lead, you'll be fully immersed and involved in the design of a vast array of interesting projects and ventures.
You'll bring previous kitchen design experience and ideally some experience in home/interior design, with skills in AutoCAD and ideally be a graduate of a design related qualification. You'll bring a solid understanding of design briefs and be confident in being able to build on design ideas; 'thinking outside of the box', to help guide our clients and secure future business. You'll be used to working to deadlines and sales targets, setting high standards for yourself while focusing heavily on detail and accuracy.
In this busy and exciting position, you will:
- Meet with clients to take a design brief, help guide decisions and deliver a final design that meets the client's needs, budget and timescales
- Prepare initial designs in the form of plans, visuals and full quotation in the form of a digital or physical presentation
- Regularly communicate updates throughout the duration of the design project to the client, Installation Manager, Commercial team and Commercial Lead
- Confidently pitch your design and win projects in a competitive market, working to agreed sales targets and supporting in building a future sales pipeline
- Support the growth of the commercial and trade programme by driving new business, identifying opportunities and referring new business leads where necessary whilst also managing existing accounts and relationships
- Ensure accuracy by thoroughly checking and reviewing designs against orders, overseeing the seamless coordination of all order movements and work collaboratively with colleagues and the installation team to provide a consistent and exceptional experience
You'll have previous experience in designing kitchens and working within a retail or design team, with a natural attention to detail and an ability to understand and scale architects or site plans. You'll bring strong administration and communication skills, alongside solid CAD knowledge, although we'll support you as you learn all about the Neptune way. You will be passionate about self-development, keeping abreast of industry interior trends and kitchen innovations and sharing your knowledge with others.
You'll also have excellent Microsoft office skills, and a natural affinity with IT systems. Passion and enthusiasm really drive us here, so we're looking for someone with a naturally positive approach and the desire to support your colleagues as you work together to go 'above and beyond' to get the job done. Based at our stunning support office in Swindon, working Monday to Friday and with optional hybrid working.
What Benefits we can offer you
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous new item and outlet discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Perkbox: Wellbeing Hub and Retail Discounts Portal
- Your birthday day off
- Two paid volunteer days a year
- Day off if you become a Grandparent
- A week off to celebrate a life event
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service holiday allowance increase
- Training Workshops
Across all locations, we stay united by our company values: Do The Right Thing, Do It Together, Aim High and Keep It Real.
We are a growing business that encourages our people to grow with us. Neptune's goal is to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard.